Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: WDBJ7 HomeCollectionsGalax

UPDATED: Fire damages a storage building at Vaughn-Bassett Furniture in Galax

Firefighters were called to the building around 10 p.m. Wednesday night

January 12, 2011|Web staff

UPDATED: A fire broke out at Vaughan-Bassett furniture in Galax.

A outdoor steel canopy building caught fire Wednesday night around 10 p.m. It was the only building involved.

Authorities say a drum with rags containing lacquer used for finishing furniture caught fire and then spread to the other drums.

Crews used foam to extinguish the flames.

There's still no official word on the cause.

Advertisement
wdbj7 Articles
|
|
|